God's Love and Mercy Are Greater than Our Sin


Yesterday's sunday mass reading was about Zaccheus story.
I have heard this story so many times and even visited Sycamore tree in Jerusalem.
However, as I reflected back about this story, wisdom came upon me.
The message is very simple



God is not punisher, His weakness is Love, he cannot hate anyone even more his creation.
His strength is also love, because with his act of love and compassion, he touches the sinner and the sinner experiences transformation.



When Jesus saw Zaccheus and decided to visit his house, He knew what Zaccheus has done in the past but He never rebuked him.
He never passed judgement neither warned or threatened him either.
He simply accepted whatever Zaccheus offered as well as his weaknesses.

As a result, Zaccheus encountered Jesus' love. He felt the pure unconditional love that touched the core of his heart.
In the end, he himself had a courage and decided to turn to a new leaf.
Isn't it amazing ?

This is a reminder for myself too, when people hurt me, I ask God to give me a grace, love and mercy as how He has loved me, the sinner as who I am.



Comments