Love is patience, love is kind and love is not jealous

When undesirable things happen, I always believe that it's part of God's plan. Blessings and answered pray sometimes come from the undesirable things in human's eyes, however God always provide and be with us when we need to go through the desert.

Last week, my long client gave me this book about Love in marriage by Pope Francis. She thought of me and bought this this book.

I never guess that this book has been prepared when I need to go through this journey. I read the book this morning and it's all about love. The book dive deeper about the meaning of love from 1 Cor 13 : 4 - 7


Love is patient

It refers to the quality of one who does not act on impulse and avoid giving offense.
Being patient does not mean letting ourselves be constantly mistreated, tolerating physical aggression or allowing other people to use us.

We encounter problems whenever we think that relationship or people ought to be perfect or when we put ourselves at the center and expect things to turn out our way.

Then everything makes us impatient, everything makes us react aggressively. Unless we cultivate patience, we will always find excuses for responding angrily.

Patience takes root when I recognize that other people have a right to live in this world just as they are. It does not matter if they hold me back, if they unsettle my plans or annoy me by the way they act or think or if they are not everything I want them to be. Love always has an aspect of deep compassion that leads to accepting the other person as part of this world.

Reflection : 
I lack love, I found myself impatient if everything turns out not to be the way I expect whether in the work, home and family.
I find excuses for responding angrily.
This is something that I need to work on and ask God's grace to help me

Love is kind

Love benefits and help others and ready to be of assistance. Love is by spending ourselves unstintingly, without asking to be repaid, purely for the pleasure of giving and serving.

Reflection :
I lack love is kind, I am very calculative in giving my money, time and skills. I need to work on this how to be a generous person and giving others without expecting anything in return.

Love is not jealous

Envy is a form of sadness provoked by another's prosperity, it shows that we are not concerned for the happiness of others but only with our own well being.
Love makes us rise above ourselves, envy closes us in on oursevles.
True love values the other person's achievements.

Reflection :
I was fuelled with envy, I see my spouse as a competitor when he achieves admiring and approval from other people especially women.
I felt inferior thus I see him as a threat. I really need to work on this most since it's killing me softly.


Comments