What am I giving up ?


In this lenten season, there are a few things I want to give up, especially practicing self control.

1. Online shopping (for my own pleasure)

This is my weaknesses to look good, to be liked, to be praised. But I know that what people say and see don't really matter because God loves me as who I am not how attractive I am physically.

2. Snacks (chips, sweets, fried food)

This is another temptation since my kids love to eat that. But I will practice to have self control day by day  as it's not good for my body as well

3. Wasting time idling

Related with the first one, since I love online shopping, I love to browse the social media which is wasting the precious time. I prefer to use my precious time to write the reflection, teach my kids or listen to the formed.


Comments