St Peter's role model

Today is the feast of St Peter's chair. And the first reading struck me most especially verse 2 and 3.

St Peter is another my role model saint because we have similar character which is brave, direct and impulsive. When we make mistakes, we are not afraid to confess and tell the truth.

St Peter has been entrusted by Jesus to be the shepherd of the church and I am entrusted to be the shepherd in the family builder community. Sometimes, I feel tired too when nobody appreciate it but these verses remind me to have steadfast love, and faithful in God's works.

Be the examples of the flock and not rules over it. This is very powerful statement and self reminder. In everything I do, whether in my works, family life, personal vocation and community, I need to be who I am, walk the talk and lead by examples.

May God's grace comes upon me and give me humble and merciful heart especially during this lenten season.


Comments