A Christmas to remember

This year Christmas is very special. Covid-19 has changed the life of the people. Tiny yet mighty virus could make a difference in the way we live.

Prior to Covid-19, we could celebrate Christmas with our beloved family, relatives and friends. Gathering, laughing, touching, kissing are things that we did in the past. Limited gathering, masking up are things we do today.

Despite all those limitations, there are always things to be thankful for, things that we could learn from the past, things that I could reflect on.

What Christmas means to me ?

This year I live like a horse, riding in the fast speed, looking forward the next day and not living in the present. I don't have time to pause and reflect. Everyday I live in the motion. Christmas perhaps like another festive day, having a nice family picture, attending Christmas mass, having scrumptious meals with our little family and friends.

While I listen to this song "Terbaik bagiku", my tears of gratitude are flowing. God's plans are beyond our comprehension. For the past 358 days, He is taking care of us, providing and protecting us from all the harmful things. The most valuable thing I could give thanks is the gift of love He planted into my heart. His love is my strength, His wisdom is the powerful weapon I carry each day.

For me, Christmas means God is with us in the form of beauty creations, people I meet, events I experience, challenges I face. I may not have supernatural eyes, but I could feel that He is always with me in every path I take even the mistakes I made.

One verse I always remember 


Give thanks in every circumstances is not easy especially when we have negative emotions like sadness, disappointments, angers but when I embrace these emotions and surrender these to Him. I am able to let go and change these negative emotions to be my strengths to give thanks.


 







Comments