Who am I ?


This morning during my jogging, instead of taking the usual routes, I had the desire to explore and try new routes.
It gave me adrenaline sensation as I jog to unfamiliar and unknown place without knowing this will be helping or hindering my goal.
My goal is to run 10km and I know if I use the usual routes, I can plan ahead and foresee how many rounds but with this new routes that I took. I had no idea how many rounds I need to take, are there any obstacles ahead ? What if it made my leg tired and in the end didn't achieve my goals ?
There are many things in my mind but I went ahead to take a chance.

Yes, there was obstacles when I need to u-turn, but when I took a chance there's a sense of achievement.
In the end, I managed to hit my goal, 10km jogging and at the same time I learned new routes that's after all it's not so bad and I can use it in my next run.

After the whole event, I realise this is me, who I am
I am the adventurer. I love trying new things, I love learning, but I may not be the expert of one thing.

There are two types of persons.
Adventurer : who loves to try many things, he/she has desire to learn many things superficial. It makes her/him easier to connect with others because she/he knows a lot of things even though they are not the expert.

Expertise : this person loves one thing and will dive deeper to be an expert. He/she very unlikely to be out of comfort zone once he/she finds the comfort zone. They may not know about other subjects thus during conversation with strangers, it's not easy to have some connection unless it's the topic that they are expert in.

This is more about adventurer personality from this website, 16 personalities.

An Adventurer is 

  • A person with the Introvert, Observant, Feeling and Prospecting personality traits.
  • Has open minds, approaching life, new experiences and people with grounded warmth.
  • Ability to stay in the moment helps them uncover exciting potentials.
  • True artists, use aesthetics, design and their choices and actions to push the limits of social convention.
  • Enjoy upsetting traditional expectations with experiments in beauty and behaviour.
  • Love freedom
  • Live in a colorful, sensual world, inspired by connections with people and ideas.
  • Take joy in reinterpreting these connections, reinventing and experimenting with both themselves and new perspectives.
  • Has a sense of spontaneity, unpredictable.
  • Take time for introspection, assessing their principles, not dwelling on the past or future.
  • Think about who they are, return from their cloister and transformed
  • Live to find ways to push their passions.
  • Attunement to the moment and their environment allows them to do better than most.
  • Enjoy connecting with others and have a certain irresistible charm.
  • Can handle kindly phrased commentary, valuing it as another perspective to help push their passions in new directions.
  • If the comments are more biting and less mature, they can lose tempers in spectacular fashion.
  • Sensitive to other's feelings and value harmony.
  • When faced with criticism, it can be a challenge for them to step away from the moment long enough to not get caught up in the heat of the moment.
  • Usually call the past the past and move on as though it never occured.
  • The biggest challenge is planing for the future. They don't plan their futures in terms of asses and retirement.
  • They plan actions and behaviors as contributions to a sense of identity, building a portfolio of experiences not stocks.
  • If these goals and principles are noble, they can act with amazing charity and selflessness
  • It can be a more self-centered identity, acting with selfishness, manipulation and egoism.
  • Actively become the person they want to be.
  • Developing and maintaining a new habit may not come naturally but taking time each day to understand their motivations to use their strengths to pursue whatever they've come to love

STRENGTHS


  • Charming - relaxed and warm and live and let live attitude
  • Sensitive to others - relate to others emotions, helping them to establish harmony and minimize conflict
  • Imaginative - use creativity and insights to craft bold ideas that speak people's heart
  • Passionate - when caught up in something exciting and interesting, they will go out all the way
  • Curious - Ideas are well and good, but need to see and explore for themselves whether they ring true
  • Artistic - able to show their creativity in tangible and with stunning beauty, they can have a way of visualising things that resonates with their audience
WEAKNESSES

  • Fiercely Independent - Freedom of expressions, traditions and hard rules create a sense of oppression 
  • Unpredictable - Dislike long-term commitments and plans. Have tendency to avoid planning for the future
  • Easily Stressed - Live in the present, full of emotion, when situations get out of control, they can shut down, losing their characteristic charm and creativity.
  • Overly Competitive - Can escalate small things into intense competitions

Comments