Who is God ?


Circuit Breaker aka lockdown has been for 1.5 months and it's time for finding solitude and soul searching. However it's not the case for me.
I pray every day however I cannot feel the connection with God.
I pray every day to ask Holy Spirit to help me seeing God through people I meet, experience, things, works and everything that happen on that day.
My prayer life become more routine but I know inside my heart that I can't live without God even though I cannot feel it now.

Last week, I and hubby watched the movie The Search - Who is God ? from Formed.
Why God exists? and last Monday, we watched the presentation from our parish priest about Angry God in Old Testament.
Most of us including me are having the conflict of God's characters.
In old testament God looks like police, judge who always punish the wrong doings. On the contrary, in new testament God is loving person who always forgive persons and give the chance to everyone to mend their wrong doings.
The reality with all covid-19, natural disasters, disease and sickness, is it God's wrong doings ? If it's not, where is God ? Is He punishing us ? Why God is not helping us ?

And today, Pentacost day is the revelation of who is God and what are God's real characters ?
When I jogged, I found the solitude with God. I felt like speaking with God as a friend whom I can ask and speak anything.

Who is God ? God is Love 
What is Love ?


It changes to God

God is patient, God is kind
God does not envy, God does not boast, God does not proud.
God does not dishonor others, God is not self-seeking, God is not easily angered, God keeps no record of wrongs.
God does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
God always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. God never fails.

The truth is God never punishes because He keeps no wrong and He doesn't delight in evil.
Bad things happen because of the consequences of we do, natural disaster happens either it's naturally it happen or because of our action.
Sickness or disease may happen because of it's natural of the virus and bacteria or it's because of our action that mutate this kind of virus.

God always protects, trusts, hopes and perseveres with us. Whatever we do, God is always with us, journey with us together.



Comments