Journey of Purification (Lent season 2020)


Yesterday was Ash Wednesday marked the beginning of Lent Season.
I faced the challenges which triggered my emotion high.

Last week, I initiated gathering with group of friends to celebrate a special birthday of our friend. I thought it would be simple, nice gathering that made everyone happy.

Never that I expected, it came up so complex beyond my expectations and everyone chipped in for comments without any solutions.
I was running high in emotion especially on the day itself where we still couldn't find the place that could accommodate everyone's interest.

Around 2pm, the main problem was solved, finally we found the venue for dinner gathering.
Around 3.15, I stopped doing everything and watched online mass.
It's kinda cooling myself down as well. Father only reminded us who am I ? We are just ashes but because of God's mercy, our sins were forgiven and because of God is gracious, we get what we don't deserve.

At night, the event turned well, the birthday girl enjoyed herself and so did everybody else.
Before I closed my eyes for goodnight sleep, I watched Form Lent Season day 1 and the speaker said that Lent was the season of purification.

Indeed, it is.

Despite all the challenges and emotions running high, I thank God that I was given the opportunity to experience those upside down moments.
This is my learning moments to be humble, to forgive, to be more understanding and always to be truthful to myself and others.

My day 1 Lent Season 



Comments