Opportunity Knocks the Door


Like any other years, I always make new resolutions, personal goals as well as yearly plan.
Last year, by God's grace, I have discovered my passion and purpose in life is to help other people live healthier and better thus this year I'm gonna focusing on this by becoming personal trainer and health coach.
In the beginning of the year, I was given the opportunities to coach 4 people, one is a couple (husband and wife) and the others are girlfriends.

I thought this is the beginning of my career as personal trainer as it's aligned with my life purpose.
However, one fine day, a day before Chinese New Year trip, I saw an advertisement in my chat group that there's a company looking for office manager who's able to speak Bahasa Indonesia.

I told my hubby about it and I applied for fun, because I'm not seriously looking for the job right now and have been feeling contented with what I have.
Then, the next day, to my surprise, I received a reply from this company that one of the co-founder would like to set up an interview.

When I received the news, I was excited and yet scared and told my hubby about it.
He calmed and consoled me down, just do your best, even if you are fail, there's nothing to lose.
Everything will return as per normal.

During our holiday trip, I was nervous and anxious.
There are many questions and noises popped up in my mind

"Is this a distraction from what I'm supposed to do?"
"Is this an opportunity from God?"
"If I'm accepted and change my status become working mom, who will take care the children?"
"Should I put the kids in the student and childcare or hire maid?"
"If I hire the maid, where the maid will sleep and what the maid will do to my children?"

All those questions keep expanding and suck my energy until I have no peace and joy and end up with confusion.

The interview was scheduled a day after my return from Indonesia.
The night before interview, I was nervous because this is my first job interview after more than 10 years and I have no corporate experience in the past 10 years.
I prepared myself by googling the questions that they may ask and what I should ask so that I could look smart.

In the morning when I drove my hubby to work, I told him what I feel and he calmed me down.
He then practiced with me and we did a role play. He also gave me some tips and suggestions as he had more experiences in corporate world. And his last advice before he entered the office was pray first.

On my way to the city, I prayed to God to give me wisdom, peace and joy. Something that have been missing in my life.
And God's very gracious !
He consoled me and told me that

"I'm with you"
"Don't be afraid, everything is gonna be alright"

 


I felt His power was bestowed upon me during my journey.

Indeed, God's faithful in His promise.
During the interview, everything was going smoothly.
The interviewer was nice and we were easily connected.
I knew that God was with me and him so during our conversation, there's some red line and connection.
And he told me that he will set up another round of interview with his partners.

I was so elevated hearing that and quickly called my hubby.

God is so real and I knew that it's all because of Holy Spirit manifests and works within us.




Comments