Life Lesson Learned from 10 years old boy


Yesterday I picked my eldest son from school as usual I asked him about school and any test result from the recent papers.
He was happily saying ðŸ˜ƒmama I got improvement in my chinese.
Chinese is his weakest subject and I only expect pass grade from him. So when he told me he got improvements, I thought it must be 7/10 or something ðŸ˜ƒ

Then he continued but I still failed in Chinese in very calm expression ðŸ™‚then he told me he got 19/45. Which I know it's failed😅😔
Quickly he calmed me down and said I did better this time than last semester with 10 points increase which is for him it's considered a lot.ðŸĪŠ
I didn't know whether I wanted to cry ðŸ˜­ or to be happy ðŸ˜ƒ at that time.


This morning when I did daily examine of what happened yesterday, once again I was reminded of his story and I pondered and reflected back
He actually gave me some important lessons


1. He values himself not based on what others define or expect him
2. He didn't see fail and pass as failure or success but he could see that he has grown and improved and did better than before
3. He never compared himself to others, he only compared it with old him.
4. Yesterday was yesterday, today is today and tomorrow will be another day, he always takes it easy and never take it to hard. 
In the end, I only can say that I am proud of him not because of his results performance but he has grown wiser especially in this age when everyone loves to compare and compete with each other.

Comments