Your Thought is not my thought

This past few days, I have been preparing for Marriage Renewal Vow Ceremony for our community.
As I'm thinking of one of our couples who have been active before but now it starts to withdraw, I'm very concern of them so I start to pray and fast for them.
Two days before, I was inspired to write about vulnerability in community.
What make community strong and grow is how the members have courage to be vulnerable to each other, accepting help, offering help, accepting critics, encouraging each other.
What I expect is so that this community will keep its "life" again and this couple will still stay in the community.

However, I received unexpected news, one of the members who had problem with their marriage relationships before came toward and messaged me in private that she didn't want to attend the renewal mass because she preferred to terminate her marriage.
I was shock, because what I knew that she has been reconciled with her husband.
I started to persuade her but the more I persuaded her, the more resistant she was.
In the end, I said that I won't give up hope, her and her husband name were still on the list.

I was not in peace the whole day, I kept thinking about it.
These two couples were really driving me crazy. It's not about them, but I was so annoyed that they didn't accept God's invite and understand how truly important God's grace is.

This morning, while before I do my daily prayer, I was inspired to write down about the meaning of Marriage Renewal Vow.
I told the group that this sacrament we received before and what we are going to renew tomorrow is meant for us to humbly ask God's grace to help us journey together.

After going through marriage life, there's no so called perfect marriage, happy couple forever and ever.
Each of us experienced disappointment, broken heart, anger towards our spouse because they are not living as our expectation.
So this is exactly the time that we ask God's grace.

In my writing, I hope that she changed her mind and said yes.

After that, I continued my daily prayer.

During the prayer, suddenly I was manifested with gift of tongue.
It's like what my heart feel so it just flew non stop.
After I started to calm down, I felt peace and light in my heart.

Then, I heard God's talking to me


He said that I have done my part, it's not God's part.
I have invited her, but it's up to her to accept or reject the invitation even God never force.
He respects our decision.
Of course, if we open the door, He will be very delighted to come over.

His words assured and consoled me and He said that His grace and love is no boundary. So we can pray for them and other couples who may not able to attend.
In the end she and her husband didn't come because she needs to have pregnancy test in the hospital, however I feel peace and able to accept and respect her choice.


Secondly, I ask Him about the place we gathered. We are supposed to pay additional S$150 for open air canteen and we have very limited budget. The parish officer said it's for cleaning and electricity but she will consult with the Father.
We have been praying as a community so that Father will have a generosity heart toward us.

And God assured me, don't you worry about it, you will have a place for fellowship and gathering.
And guess what, I received the message from our member who's been liaising with Father this afternoon that we have it complimentary.

Lord, there's nothing I could say beside deep gratitude from my heart.
And of course, I can't say thank you enough to Mother Mary who prays diligently for us and our needs.

Tomorrow is the day, I do really hope that nothing surprise us again and those couples who have accepted the invitation will receive God's grace and renewal in their commitment.


Comments