Gave it All ( 26 Nov 2018 )


Gratitude

I thank God for this beautiful morning
I thank God for this quiet time that I have with God
I thank God for good night sleep last night
I thank God for good health for our family
I thank God that we are still alive today

Reading Luke 21: 1 - 4

21 As Jesus looked up, he saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury. He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins. “Truly I tell you,” he said, “this poor widow has put in more than all the others. All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on.”

The Grace I asked for : Faith

Reflection

As I sit in the church with Jesus and observed people come and go and offer their offerings there, I saw a poor lady who put all her money in the box with smile and she left with smile even though she has nothing less.
Jesus reminded me that she put all her trust in God.
She understood that all she has were God's gifts, she didn't own it, she just borrowed it.
So in the end of the day, she returned it back to God because she believed that tomorrow God will provide something again for God. She just took what she need, the rest, she gave it either for others who need and returned it back to God.

This comes down to my reflection, time, talents, money are all God's gifts. I don't own it.
When God gave them to me, I just borrowed it so that I could make use not for my own richness but for others. In the end of the day, I need to return back to what God's belongs.

Prayer

Lord, please help me to have the heart of this poor widow. So that I could see all You gave to me as gifts not belong to me.
Please help me to have faith in You that everyday You will provide and give us a new blessing
Please help me to share my time, talents, money for others and just take for what I need and not wasting it for something unwisely.
Thank You Lord. Amen.



Comments