Day 6 - God's affirmation



Gratitude :

I thank God for this beautiful morning
I thank God for waking me up to call me to pray and have quiet time with him
I thank God that the joy feeling from yesterday is still with me
I thank God for His affirmation through Ying from CEP about encounter, battle plan and redemption starts at home

Reading Matthew 5 : 1 - 12

Now when Jesus saw the crowds, he went up on a mountainside and sat down. His disciples came to him, and he began to teach them.

The Beatitudes

He said:
“Blessed are the poor in spirit,
    for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn,
    for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek,
    for they will inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
    for they will be filled.
Blessed are the merciful,
    for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart,
    for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers,
    for they will be called children of God.
10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
    for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

The Grace I asked for : Courage
Prayer Method : Ignatian Contemplation

Reflection :
I imagined that Jesus and His disciples went up to the hill and lots of crowds were also joining them including me.
He started talking about the beatitudes, as He talked, it's like words of affirmation for me until He said blessed are the pure heart, for they will see God. Suddenly, I remembered the sin that I did yesterday. This sin has been entrapped me over and over again and even though in the same surface it seems okay, but my conscience can't be lied. I wanted to free from this binding of the sin.
So, I asked God what I should do. And He told me by doing fasting, it's like taking part in Christ suffering because you want to save the souls. but not only saving others, you yourself will be saved.
When you give yourself to others, actually you receive something which is the fruit of Holy Spirit which world can't give.

Talking about fasting, Ying from the CEP also mentioned about fasting can help to heal other marriages. And she added, to make your fasting offer become multiplied, we can offer it during the mass, receiving the Eucharist will give us strength and let God multiply our offerings.

My mission is getting more clearer even though I couldn't see the blue prints.
1.  The redemption starts at home
2. I need to encounter God everyday
3. Fasting is taking part of God's suffering to save others 
4. I love to see my husband also encounter Jesus so both of us will be able to do our mission together,

Thank you Lord for this week of retreat, Thank you for granting me the grace everyday
Thank you for able to taste You in my life and make me have different perspective about other people surrounding me.

Comments