Day 28 - Reflection ( 19 September 2018 )


Honestly, because of one incident, it ruins my day.

I just found out from my youngest son's teacher that I need to prepare 23 goodie bags instead of 9.
I thank God for finding out today not near to the D-day itself.
However, I was overwhelmed by this issue and start panicking.

I already bought 9 balls for goodie bags from China and the delivery took almost 3 weeks.
If I need to re-order again today, it may come on time or late. I will be gambling on his birthday celebration.

I was thinking very hard for the alternative goodie bag and all my mind and energy are focussing on that particular matter which I want a perfection.
But after calming down, I realise it doesn't matter anyway.
For him, he's happy to celebrate his birthday with friends and family and doesn't matter goodie bag he's going to give.

As for me, I want to see perfection and theme coordination which in the end doesn't really bring peace and joy, but stress and panicking.

So I decided to let go of my perfection.
I will prepare something old fashion like cereals, milk and biscuits and hopefully the kids will be happy.

As for the balls that I have already bought, I will keep it for celebration with my cell group.


Comments