Day 4 - Reflection (26 August 2018)


Sunday was another family day. I started the day by sending the first and seconds sons to church for catechism, then we wanted to attend 11.30pm mass at Holy Spirit Church but we were so late so we decided to have lunch at Vivocity and waited there to attend Indonesian mass at St. Bernadette Church. After that we had early dinner at Ikea before returning home, prayed rosary with our family.

Gratitude :
I thank you for the beautiful sunny day, we spend quality time together as family, having lunch, dinner and going to church together.
I thank you for being able to control myself not to do shopping.
I thank you for our children especially our eldest one who has a heart desire to pray for Rosary.

Saint Story : St Theresa of Avila


The Powerful message that I received after reading her story :
Saint was born from the sinner.
Her life story somehow reflects mine, how I love to be liked and admired and it lead me to nowhere other than a little bit too much self - love and self - righteous.
Eventhough we gave up prayer or connecting with God, God never gives up on us.
She's struggling with prayer in the beginning even gave up on prayer but later on she realised that 
"Turning away from prayer, it's like a baby turning away from mother's breast, what could we expect other than death."
"Prayer is an act of love, words are not needed"

True Joy and Love Found
I found joy and love when I read the story of Saint Theresa of Avila.
Her story somehow reflects my life how to be admired and liked by other people. Her struggling in prayer, determination to transform the convent from materialistic to simplicity inspired me.




Comments