Day 3 - Reflections (25 August 2018)


To be honest, I didn't pray at all on Saturday. It was a hectic day from morning until evening.
We had full activity as family.
In the morning, I had my morning exercise then we had Family builder cell group after that I accompanied my second son for his friend's birthday party and in the night we had family dinner. Despite the hectic, I still have something to be grateful for on the day itself.

Gratitude :
I thank you for morning glory where I can exercise, feel good and positive to start a day.
I thank you for the community family builder that I have, it's where I could share my experience with God as well as listening to other sharing. It's not to compare but to reflect whether our marriage life has been in the right track and what challenges that other couples experience can be our lesson learned in our marriage.
I thank you for the quality time that I spent with my second son during his friend's birthday party. I met other moms and it's an eye opener for me to know and listen to their thinking during our discussion about Singapore education.
I thank you for the family time that we had for our simple dinner fare at Wee Nam Kee, Jurong Point. All enjoyed the food and finished it.
Last but not least I thank you for the quality time that I had with my husband during our impromptu couple time and watched midnight movie together.

Saint Story :
I didn't have a chance to read any saint story yet, but I had in my mind that I want to read St. Theresa Avilla

True Joy and Love Found :
I found the joy in simplicity, where I gave a one dollar coin to uncle who did rag day (fund raising) for his community and also when I saw a child gave a coin to aunty who did rag day (fund raising) also.
He's so cheerfully greeting the aunty and gave it with smile and joy.
I also found love when my hubby needed to lead the sharing about Aquila and Priscilla, how he prepared it with his whole heart and shared the knowledge with us with wisdom

Shortcomings :
During the sharing with the girls in family builder, there's a pride inside my heart that end up with judging other member. I thought to myself that my family is better than the rest without considering challenges that they have and if I were in their shoes, whether I will do the same thing.
Oh God, please forgive me, if I'm still self righteous.


Comments