Day 2 - Spiritual Exercise (27 August 2018)


Day 2 : The Grace I seek

Reading  Psalm 139 : 1 - 18

God's Complete Knowledge and Care

1. Lord, You have examined me and You know me.

2.You know everything I do ; from far away You understand all my thoughts.

3. You see me, whether I am working or resting ; You know all my actions.

4. Even before I speak, You already know what I will say.

5. You are all around me on every side ; You protect me with Your power.

6. Your knowledge of me is too deep ; it is beyond my understanding.

7. Where could I go to escape from You ? Where could I get away from Your presence ?

8. If I went up to heaven, You would be there ; If I lay down in the world of the dead, You would be there.

9. If I flew away beyond the east or lived in the farthest place in the west, 

10. You would be there to lead me, You would be there to help me.

11. I could ask the darkness to hide me or the light around me to turn into night, 

12. but even darkness is not dark for You, and the night is as bright as the day. Darkness and light are the same to You

13. You created every part of me ; You put me together in my mother's womb.

14. I praise You because You are to be feared ; all You do is strange and wonderful. I know it with all my heart.

15. When my bones were being formed, carefully put together in my mother's womb, when I was growing there in secret, You knew that I was there 

16. You saw me before I was born. The days allotted to me had all been recorded in Your book, before any of them ever began.

17. O God, how difficult I find Your thoughts ; how many of them there are !

18. If I counted them, they would be more than the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with You.

Reflections

The more I reflect, the more I am curious about God. There are so many questions about Him inside my head. The questions are like how to live in balance, not too much and not too less ? what things that we can live with too much? If God's existence is not bound by our existence, and He knows very well that human is weak and easily tempted, will God still test human, or why He does so ?
It's like a girl wants to know more about her lover, that's why I feel right now in my brain.

But one thing that God has told me, take one day at a time, to have God's wisdom, we need to be patience and have a humble heart.

One wisdom that I received is God's love is like The Sun and The Air.
They are unlimited and their existence are timeless, they are provided for all creatures, saints and sinners, humans and the beasts.
God's love is abundant, His love is available for all creatures, saints and sinners, humans and the beasts. His love is not limited by our deeds. 

According to the bible, it looks like He judges us based on our deeds but actually it's more than that,  it's not our deeds, it's our heart.
Human passes the judgement using good and bad deeds what we see and what appear before our eyes, but He looks into our deepest heart that's why only God can pass the judgement not us.

To simplify, we can use the analogy between parents and children.
When one of our children steals money from other child to give this money to the poor people, how do we react as a parent ? Do we punish him, or do we praise him ?
By appearance, yes he has broken the rules, but his stealing is to help other people. He has this heart of mercy but he doesn't know how to help other than shortcut means by stealing from his brother.

As parents, we still love him, inside our heart we feel happy to see our child has a heart of mercy but since stealing is not right, he needs to return back what his brother owns, to make it fair to his brother.
However, it's all depend on his brother. If he forgives his sibling and let him go, he has redeemed his sibling and set him free.
As parents, when we see this scene, what will be our feeling other than happy to see how they reconcile, forgive and love each other.

That's why it's very difficult for us to have a definition of justice in God's eyes. Because His justice is not the same as Human's justice.

What we know that, when we forgive and let go our hatred, revenge, we have redeemed others and set them free, and that's where God is glorified.









Comments