One Step at A time

Nothing is coincidence in my life. When I went to gym last Friday, one of my gym mate gave me  a piece of wisdom word.

When I did deadlift last Friday, one of my gym mate approached and told me that I am strong, he couldn't do deadlift due to back problem. Yet he loves to run staircase 3 sets of 40 floors. 

Me : How many minutes are you able to finish it ?

Him : No, I never count the minute or how fast I am, I prefer to do in a steady pace and compose myself.

He gave me a piece of tip.

Him : When you run in the staircase, Don't Ever Look Up and See How Much More, because you will be overwhelmed and your energy will be dropped. 

Look Down and try to step one stair at a time. Imagine that you are running in the flat ground and you will be able to keep pace and finish the rest without exhausting yourself.

It's all in your mind

When he finished his wisdom words, suddenly I remembered what happened in my life recently.

I was so focus in achieving the goal as fast as I can and in the end exhausting myself especially when the new upcoming project is going to kick in, I feel so overwhelmed even though I am so excited at the same time.

Thanks God, he reminds me to take a step at a time and keep my pace steady. 


Comments