It's a pruning time for our marriage relationship. It's been a roller coaster week where our love and faith are being challenged. Starting from last Saturday, 7 days before Christmas where we had misunderstanding and caused unnecessary jealousy among us.

Every day we talked about our feeling, tried to understand each other's feeling, point of views and accept each other's natural character, flaws, weaknesses and strengths.

The peak was in the Christmas day itself. The night before we had a great sex and on the Christmas day itself after the mass, the evil tried to take away hubby's joy and peace. He was in the bad mood and thought that I didn't put him first because I didn't wear the outfit that we have tried the night before.

At night, we tried to sort this out, I assured him that I didn't mean that way. I loved him more than anything after God but my action may say differently.

The next day on the feast of Holy Family, he's under attacked by evil about lust. Thanks God, He had a courage to tell me what's going in his head even though he didn't mean that way too.

In the end, we reconciled. We forgave each other, accepting strengths and weaknesses and our love grew deeper.

9 days are like heaven and hell. We reconciled and fought and repeat.

From this journey, we learnt something about each other and our relationship.

1. We are different

He's a deep thinker, too kind hearted who seldom says no to everyone's requests, gentleman to everyone both men and women which can be perceived differently.

I'm an impromptu and impulsive person, I can find the way if there's a sudden problem, can say no if it's not suit with my schedule or plan.

2. We thought we know each other, but we didn't

I had misunderstanding with him because of his behaviour. I perceived differently, I thought he's not faithful anymore to our marriage. Similar things with him, he had misunderstanding with me because of my behaviour. He thought that I didn't put him first above everything. Glad that we sorted it out and our believe and trusts are restored.

3. We can't leave God from the equation

We only know 1% about each other and 99% only God knows. Thus, we can't leave God from the equation. He's the one creating and uniting us and only Him can give wisdom to both of us.

We are really grateful for this pruning time even though it caused us pain and felt like hell but we are now in cloud 9 hahaha.


Comments