Life is so Fragile

This is my reflection over the past two weeks after attending funeral back to back within 2 weeks.

I have some talks with hubby over the car ride, 10 years ago we were busy planning and attending wedding either ourselves, friends, family. Then 5 years ago we were busy planning and attending baby's babtism, 1st birthday. Today, we are attending the other sides of life which is death and funeral.

It may not be a happy occasion for most of us, saying goodbye is always the hardest words. Everyday I imagine myself either me or my hubby who will leave first and whether I am ready for that. The answer is I don't know.

What I know is I want to enjoy the presence, live to the fullest each day like today is my last day.

By the end of the day, I always asking myself, are there any persons whom I have hurt or hold the grudge with? Are there anything in the world that I am attached  a little bit too much ? What is my life purpose and vocation ? Have I lived my life according to God's will ?

The other topic is about community. When we are in the peak of our life - everything looks good, we thought that we can live alone but the truth is we can't.

When the reality kicks in, during our lowest moment in life,  helpless and in the deepest sorrow that we can't see God and asking where He is.

The community is the answer. God sends His angels through community. They are there for us to support, help, console and encourage and hold our hand so that we can finish our pilgrimage journey in this world despite the setbacks.

Isn't life more beautiful when we share the good things and our burdens with others ?

All of us is not perfect and have dark sides. We can't expect to have perfect people in our community. They are there to prune us. It takes humility to accept each other. When a friend in the community gives feedback eventhough it may hurt us, I always take it as pruning season.

It's a learning journey to be humble, to forgive and to love those who hurt us. That's the only thing that set us free.

Well, life is so fragile, enough for today's thought as I need to go back to work again :P


Comments