Ash Wednesday 2021

I didn't attend Ash Wednesday mass. I tried my luck to get in the slot so I walked in to the church, apparently it's fully booked, I didn't have a chance to attend physically.

I only did my usual morning prayer and rosary to mark the beginning of lenten journey.

I did fasting in the morning and only ate between 12  -  8pm with abstinence from meat, fried food, sweets, desserts, chips.

Lunch

Dinner

Receiving not so good news in the morning gives me the strength and courage to make this lent season more meaningful. One of my close friends is dying because of cancer, and I wanted to offer my sacrifice to God so that during this short period of his life, he can return to God.

He has been away from the community and I felt pity on him, I don't know what his feeling, his mind, thought and heart are. He didn't want to share it with us, I just hope that during this period of solitude and silence, he has a courage to give thanks to God, embrace the sufferings, surrender and trust in God that He will always take control of everything.

I don't want his soul to be loss. I want him to be with God forever when his earthly time has finished and he lives without any regret.

The ash reminds me that we are sinners, we have no value and we are dead person unless we return to God with contrite heart.





Comments