Thanksgiving Creates Abundance


Last Monday, my hubby asked me to go to church with him for evening mass with guest celebrant - Fr. Joseph from Divine Mercy Retreat Center, UK.
At first, I was reluctant because I was in the middle of teaching Tromson. However, seeing his desire to meet God, I agreed to accompany him.

Thing that surprised me was this Father was really charismatic. He has the power of healing even though I was still having doubt if people can be healed instantly. Anyway, that's not my point.
I was touched by his homily. The theme was "BLESSED THOSE WHO BELIEVE".

He told us that in prayer, we loved to put the petitions as priority.
We loved to instruct God what He needs to do for us instead of we do what God wants us to do.
We live to praise and worship God alone and of course we can make request or petition in the end of the praying.
He used the verse from the bible about Jesus was tempted in the desert.

Mat 4:8-11
"The devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendour." All this I give you." he said, "if you will bow down and worship me."
Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan! For it is written : "Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only."
Then the devil left him and angels came and attended him.

When we start worshiping God, devil will leave us alone because we have made a choice.

How to worship God, it's by thanksgiving.
Miracles happen after thanksgiving and it's seen when Jesus performed the miracles.


He will start with thanksgiving first.



Miracle of Feeding 5,000 people (John 6 : 1 - 14)

John 6 : 11
Jesus took the loaves, gave thanks and distributed to those who were seated as much as they wanted. He did the same with the fish.

Miracle of Feeding 4,000 people (Mat 15: 29 - 39)

Mat 15: 36-37
Then he took the seven loaves and the fish, and when he had given thanks, he broke them and gave them to the disciples and they in turn to the people. They all ate and were satisfied.

Jesus raise Lazarus from the dead (John 11:38-44)

John 11 : 41-42
Then Jesus looked up and said, "Father, I thank you that you have heard me. I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that you sent me."

Even if our situation is so undesirable, we lost job, lost the loved ones, facing financial struggling, relationship and family problem, we could offer it up to God with thanksgiving instead of complaining.
And like Lazarus, Jesus could overturn our problem become the happy ending when we give thanks to God.
The more we give thanks, the more God will multiply it to the good of all people.




Comments