Nothing Gonna Change My Love For You (4 April 2019)


Today is our 11th Civil Marriage Anniversary.
It seems that today just like any other day because most of us only regard the Holy Matrimony as the official wedding day.
But, today I was reminded how great is our God and His throne is above any other gods in this world.

Flash back from where we started.
4 is the number that Chinese people believe it's not a good number because of "shi" has similarity with "dead".
When we registered our civil marriage, this was the only date that most couples didn't choose.
It's 04 - 04 and the available time slot was 04.45 pm.

For Chinese people, this is definitely not the good date for marriage.
We were against all odd.
We believed that there's no good and bad day or  date if we have God and depend on Him solely.

When we chose our first house, the first owner was divorced thus they were required to sell the house.  Nobody wanted it because it's not good fengshui especially it's not recommended for us who was going to get married.
But, again God has transformed this house with a blessing, we had our first son there and we felt the warm home with laughter and joy during our 4 years staying and the successor owner of this house aka our buyer was catholic too and they now were blessed with lovely children too.

Our second house was located at the 4th floor, where not many people chose too because of the number. Once again, God has proved it wrong, and shown He's more powerful than anything.
He transformed our second house becomes His house of blessings. We had our 2nd and 3rd children here.
The house was used for our cell group, it's full of love, joy and laughter.

For the span of 11 years, we could see how God's works in us beyond our comprehension.
He takes care on us and never leave us struggling alone.

There are times when we face financial crisis, have disagreements, encounter marriage problems like any other couples. But through these things, God's grace is sufficient enough to take up daily cross. Each of us is purified and our love is getting stronger and stronger every time we overcome the tides.

So, today at 11 am when I was shower, I heard this song Nothing Gonna Change My love for you from youtube. It's an oldies song and his one of favourite songs.


And I just said to myself, wouldn't it be nice, if I can have a lunch meal together with him as to have simple celebration. He has told me this morning that he will have a lunch in the office with his colleague, so I just brushed off my thoughts. I told myself, ah it's alright, it's not really big deal anyway.

After shower, I started my quiet time and prayer. There, I reflected back how Great is God during the past 11 years.
Today is supposed my fasting day, however I don't have any "patients" that God sent to me. I'm thinking doing fasting as my thanksgiving as well as remembrance that there are many families surrounding us that may not so as blessed as us and I will offer today's fasting and rosary prayer for them.

In the middle of the prayer, my hubby called me and told me that he will be having lunch at home because his colleague is on leave.
I'm like What ?!?! it couldn't be happening, I'm exclaimed in joy.
God hears me even though it may not a big deal.

Then, just when I stepped out from the complex, God is telling me, have a feast. Don't fast.
This is a celebration of love, enjoy your lunch with your hubby.
I'm still puzzled because today is my fasting day. Then God assured me, sometimes God works in Sabbath day too, because of love.
God doesn't want me to have a rigid mindset and missing the point of fasting and focusing too much on  the rules that I set for myself.

He wants me to enjoy the day because He knows the deepest heart of mine.

So, today I feel so grateful for His un-ending love for us.
"My soul does magnify the Lord and my spirit has rejoiced in God my saviour. Because He has regarded the lowliness of His servant. For behold from henceforth all generations called me blessed."



Happy Anniversary my love !









Comments