3 days before


This coming Thursday, I and my husband will be going for pilgrimage to Holy Land.
We have been praying and fasting since a month plus ago, during one month everything is going smooth and well, we plan everything to make sure that we have peace of mind during our pilgrimage trip.
We make sure that everything is under our control.

However, 3 days before our departure, things suddenly out of control.
We heard this morning that my mom in law who's supposed to come to Singapore tomorrow to take care our children was sick since last night. And from our conversation this evening, she's still not feeling well.

Then, when I tried to settle our cell group to pass the responsibility to other team member and ask help from our leaders, I didn't expect the answer that they want us to be independent in any situations.
I was very angry and felt very tense because I was expecting the assurance answers to make me leave with peace of mind. On the opposite, it gave me unnecessary burden.


On top of that, I have lots of lists to do, preparing the kids for the test next week when we are not there.

Suddenly, today I was very overwhelmed.

I tried to calm myself down but the brain is like never stop thinking about what I haven't done yet.

Well, from this incident, I think God's telling me to stop thinking and trying to control everything and have a rest in Him.

I know it takes sometime for me to digest, calm down and think for the back up plan.

One thing that I believe is that in every situation I'm having right now, God is with me.
I have prayed and fasted and am sure that He listens to my petition.

I trust that He will heal my mom in law completely and fit to travel tomorrow
I trust Him that He will protect and keep our children safe and in good health
I trust Him that He will protect and keep our parents safe and in good health
I trust Him that this pilgrimage is to increase our faith and become more mature
I trust Mother Mary, all the angels and saints that they will look after us.

Lord, You know my deepest desire and heart, I just surrender everything into Your Hand.
Things that beyond my control
This is me Lord, only faith and hope are left now to let You take control everything.



Comments